Bachelor of Science in Nursing
The Marcia Dake Nursing Scholarship
Criteria for Application/Nomination
A. The Award
This scholarship was established in 1991 and was named in honor of Marcia Dake, first Dean of the College of Nursing. It requires an application or nomination and is a competitive scholarship to be used for educational purposes. Awards are made to students at the Junior or rising Senior level. Nominations/applications are reviewed according to the designated criteria and the decision is made by vote of the nursing faculty in collaboration with the academic unit head.
B. Procedure for Nomination
- Complete the nomination form indicating your choice for the award, and return to School Secretary in the school office no later than March 1.
- Substantiate the application/nomination with concise, specific rationale.
- Outstanding academic achievement and recognition (including information about cumulative GPA).
- Exceptional leadership and involvement.
- Significant service to the university, college, school of nursing and nursing community as well as potential for contribution to the profession of nursing and the school of nursing.
- Personal justification of need.