Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Download Nomination Form (PDF)
Download Nomination Form (Word)
Criteria for Application/Nomination
A. The Award
- The McHone Scholarship was established as the Albert B. and Gladys C. McHone Endowment in 1985 in honor of Mrs. McHone, a registered nurse who has provided significant service to persons in many parts of Virginia. While primarily need based, this scholarship has flexibility and is awarded in collaboration with a son, Mr. James C. McHone.
- This Scholarship is given to a junior or rising senior-nursing student. It is awarded through applications or nominations submitted to the Nursing Academic Unit Head.
B. Procedure for Nomination
- Complete the nomination form indicating your choice for the award, and return to School Secretary in the school office no later than March 1.
- Substantiate your nomination/application concisely and specifically. Responses are evaluated according to quality of written presentation, and the breadth and adequacy of documentation of need.
C. Criteria for the Award
- Junior or Senior Nursing Student who is experiencing financial hardship but may or may not have official financial need as determined by the financial aid office.
- Satisfactory academic performance.