Bachelor of Science in Nursing
RMH Marcia A. Dake Award for Clinical Excellence
Criteria for Application/Nomination
A. The Award
This award is given by RMH each year to a senior nursing student at the Pinning Ceremony. Nominations are solicited from both senior nursing students and all full-time and part-time nursing faculty. After nominations are received, faculty vote on the nominees and make the recommendation to hospital personnel.
B. Procedure for Nomination
- Complete the nomination form indicating your choice for the award, and return to School Secretary in the school office no later than March 1.
- Substantiate your nomination with brief but specific rationale.
The criteria for selection are:
- Displays clinical excellence
- Reflects compassion, caring and respect for human dignity in relationships with clients, co-workers and others
- Demonstrates a high level of professional integrity
- Evidences creativity and independence
- Is an outstanding leader