Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Outstanding Senior Peer Award
Criteria for Application/Nomination
A. The Award
The Outstanding Senior Peer Award is awarded each year to a senior nursing student at the Pinning Ceremony. Nominations are solicited from the senior class. Voting by the class occurs after all nominations are secured. Students are asked NOT to nominate themselves for this award, but are urged to nominate one of their peers who they feel closely models the criteria listed below. The academic unit head, who serves as advisor to the Nursing Student Council oversees the voting process and counts the votes with the chair of the student affairs committee.
B. Procedure for Nomination
- Write a brief paragraph or statement about the individual you have selected with rationale for your choosing this person. Give examples and be specific.
- Complete the nomination form indicating your choice for the award, and return to School Secretary in the school office no later than March 1.
The Criteria for the Outstanding Senior Peer Award are as follows:
- Balances academics with outside interests such as family, church, athletics, program activities and/or clubs.
- Exhibits personable qualities such as friendliness, humor, optimism, etc.
- Offers support to classmates and faculty.
- Initiates change or improvement in areas of outside interest as listed in # 1 above.
- Promotes nursing in a professional and holistic manner.
- Exemplifies a healthy lifestyle by incorporating exercise, stress management and a well-balanced diet into everyday activities.
- Consistently participates in class activities such as potluck dinners, seasonal parties, classroom discussion, etc.