Master of Science in Nursing Program
MSN Curriculum Overview
In addition to completing the graduate core and the advanced practice core, students select a specialty concentration (Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Administrator, Clinical Nurse Leader, Nurse Midwifery) and complete a portfolio. Students complete the family nurse practitioner in 49 credits, the clinical nurse leader in 38 credits, the nurse administrator in 32 credits, or nurse midwifery in 41 credits. Several of the courses are either online or hybrid courses which allows flexibility with learning. Classes meet on Wednesday of each week during the academic semester.
- Clinical Nurse Leader Concentration
- Nurse Administrator Concentration
- Family Nurse Practitioner Concentration
- Nurse Midwifery Concentration (in affiliation with Shenandoah University)
- Adult/Gerontological Nurse Practitioner Concentration
The Graduate Practicum Experience
MSN Course List
A complete listing of all core and elective courses is available in the Nursing section of the JMU Graduate Catalog.