Donna Trimm, DNS, RN
- Office: HBS 3026
- Phone: 540-568-8899
- Email: email@example.com
- Mailing Address:
235 Martin Luther King Jr. Way
Harrisonburg, Virginia 22807
- BSN: Southern Missionary College
- MSN: University of South Alabama
- DNS: Louisiana State University Health Science Center
- Worked as an RN on Medical-Surgical Units
- Trauma/Medical/Surgical Intensive Care Unit
- Post-Anesthesia Care Units (Recovery room)
- Instructor of Medical-Surgical Nursing for student practicums: Have taught Nursing Fundamentals, Nutrition, Pharmacology, Wellness, Adult Health Courses.
Research interests include family &/or patient waiting experiences, qualitative research methods, and undergraduate nursing education. Clinical interests include Adult Health and Acute Care Nursing. Her bedside nursing in the ICU and PACU drew her attention to the patient’s families in the waiting rooms. This led to her Masters’ thesis and later publication of “Spousal coping during the surgical wait” (1997) in the Journal of Perianesthesia Nursing, 12, 141-151. Her dissertation for the doctorate degree was a qualitative grounded theory study titled, The Process of Maintaining Balance During the Surgical Wait (2008). This middle-range theory of waiting was published in the Journal of Family Nursing (2010). Further interests in research involve application of the waiting theory to other healthcare settings.