RN to BSN Completion Program
The R.N. to B.S.N. program provides flexible online learning opportunities for students who are graduates of community college or diploma nursing schools and are licensed registered nurses (R.N.). Students who hold a baccalaureate degree from another institution may earn a second baccalaureate degree in James Madison University’s R.N. to B.S.N. program.
- Classes offered online to allow students to maintain employment while completing the B.S.N. degree.
- Offers full-time or part-time enrollment.
- Provides a supportive environment for students within a community of learning.
- Combines practical experience with role development as a BSN nurse.
- Provides a foundation for professional practice and equips students for further opportunities afforded through graduate study and advance practice.
- Aims to empower graduates to be active consumers of research to inform practice, to be comfortable with advancing technology in health care delivery, to be change agents within the practice arena, and to be astute clinical practitioners or managers.
- Emphasizes the care of underserved, rural, or culturally diverse individuals within the acute care and community settings.
- Students proceed through the program as part of a cohort of adult learners: sharing experiences, supporting and encouraging one another, and celebrating each other's success.
For questions or additional information, please contact the RN to BSN program support specialist, Victoria Martineau at email@example.com or at 540-568-7612.