The Spring 2023 cohort is now closed.
Applications can be submitted for the Fall 2023 cohort now through July 15, 2023.
The Fall 2023 Co-Enrollment cohort is now closed.
Applications can be submitted for the Spring 2024 Co-Enrollment cohort when the application opens in June.
The RN to BSN (RN-BSN) program provides flexible online learning opportunities for students who are graduates of community college or diploma nursing schools and are licensed, practicing registered nurses (RN) –OR– students who are currently enrolled in a VCCS RN program. Students who hold a baccalaureate degree from JMU or another institution may earn a second baccalaureate degree in James Madison University’s RN-BSN program.
- Classes offered online to allow students to maintain employment while completing the BSN degree. Students must be licensed, practicing registered nurses. Employment is not necessary to begin the program, but applicants must have worked a minimum of 540 practice hours by graduation to obtain the 37 experiential learning credits that are applied toward their BSN.
- Offers full-time or part-time enrollment.
- Provides a supportive environment for students within a community of learning.
- Combines practical experience with role development as a BSN nurse.
- Provides a foundation for professional practice and equips students for further opportunities afforded through graduate study and advance practice.
- Aims to empower graduates to be active consumers of research to inform practice, to be comfortable with advancing technology in health care delivery, to be change agents within the practice arena, and to be astute clinical practitioners or managers.
- Emphasizes the care of underserved, rural, or culturally diverse individuals within the acute care and community settings.
- Students proceed through the program as part of a cohort of adult learners: sharing experiences, supporting and encouraging one another, and celebrating each other's success.
For questions or additional information, please contact the RN-BSN operations coordinator at RN-BSN@jmu.edu or at 540-568-7612.