These Course Numbers Are Based on VCCS Equivalents
- English 111 (English Composition I)
- English 112 (English Composition II)
- Biology 141 (Anatomy and Physiology I)
- Biology 142 (Anatomy and Physiology II)
- Psychology 230 (Developmental Psychology)
- Laboratory Science - 4 credit Microbiology or Chemistry (Microbiology BIO 150 or BIO 205 or Chemistry CHM 101 or CHM 111 or CHM 125*)
- Nursing 100 & 106 (or equivalents)
- Nursing 210 & 211 (or equivalents)
*CHM 125 is a 3-credit course. Students taking this course to satisfy their Laboratory Science prerequisite will need to use 1 credit from an optional course for credit (see below).
- Philosophy 225, 226 or 227
- Sociology 200, 201 or 215
Permission to Transfer Courses Form: Once admitted to JMU, students wishing to take corequisite courses at schools other than JMU must complete the PERMISSION TO TRANSFER COURSES form prior to taking classes. Forms are found at http://www.jmu.edu/registrar/students/forms.shtml
General Education Courses
Cluster 2 Requirements: (3 classes needed to fulfill requirement; 9 credits total)
- Human Questions: (Choose 1 class from the following) HIS 111, HIS 112, HUM 201, HUM 202, HUM 211, HUM 212, HUM 215, HUM 259, HUM 260, PHI 100, PHI 101, PHI 102, PHI 200, PHI 211, PHI 212, REL 230, or REL 231 AND REL 232
- Fine Arts: (Choose 1 class from the following) ART 100, ART 101, ART 102, ART 105, ART 111, ART 112, ART 201, ART 202, MUS 121, CST 130, CST 141
- Literature: (Choose 1 class from the following) ENG 230, ENG 236, ENG 237, ENG 241, ENG 242, ENG 243, ENG 244, ENG 245, ENG 246, ENG 247, ENG 250, ENG 251, ENG 252, ENG 253, ENG 254, ENG 256, ENG 257, ENG 268, ENG 270, ENG 271, ENG 272, ENG 273, ENG 274, ENG 276, ENG 278, or HUM 111 or HUM 112
Cluster 4 Requirements: (4 credits total)
- The American Experience: HIS 121 AND HIS 122 (Both classes needed to fulfill Cluster 4 requirements)
- Political Science: (Choose 1 class from the following) PLS 135 or PLS 211 (These courses are only 3 credit hours total. An optional course for credit will be needed if a PLS course is taken – see below.)
Note: These course equivalents are subject to change. Please visit the Transfer Credit Equivalency Guide for the most current transferable course equivalents. Reports created using this guide are considered unofficial evaluations.
Optional Courses for Credit
These courses may be taken for additional credit when taking CHM 125 and/or PLS 135 or 211
- Medical Terminology (HLT 143 or HLT 144)
- Speech Communication (CST 100 or 110)
- Statistics (MTH 245)
- Nutrition (HLT 230)
Permission to Transfer Courses Form: Once admitted to JMU, students wishing to take general education courses at schools other than JMU must complete the PERMISSION TO TRANSFER COURSES form prior to taking classes. Forms are found at http://www.jmu.edu/registrar/students/forms.shtml
What are Technical Standards?
Technical standards are basic physical, cognitive, and psychosocial skills and abilities that are required for nursing practice. The following standards were developed to guide students to make an informed decision regarding nursing as a career. In order to complete the nursing curriculum and enter practice as a registered professional nurse, all students must possess abilities and skills in the areas of sensation, communication, motor function and behavioral proficiency.
View a complete list of technical standards
Minimum Standards for Information Literacy
All entering JMU students are required to demonstrate a minimum level of computer and internet literacy. Each student must demonstrate the competency by the successful completion of the NSG 324 Strategies for Success course and any online learning/technology assessments assigned in courses in the RN-BSN Program.
View minimum standards for information literacy.