Asian American Anti-Racism & Bystander Intervention Resources
The School of Nursing continues our commitment to foster a culture that supports diversity, equity, and inclusion and stands against ALL forms of racism, discrimination, and social injustice.
We stand as allies in support and lift our voices in advocacy for the health, safety, and well being of Asian American and Pacific Islander lives and to speaking out against misinformation about COVID-19, and any and all acts of racial discrimination and hostility against Asian Americans.
Asian American health-care workers describe racist incidents [Video]
|Washington Post - Voices from the Pandemic May 19, 2020|
Three Asian American medical providers on the front lines spoke with The Post about the racial discrimination they faced early in the pandemic.
Recent Research and Media reporting
- Hate Crimes Against Asian Americans
- Covid-19 and the Surge in Anti-Asian Hate Crimes
- Attacks on Asian-Americans During Pandemic: Criticism that US Undercounts Hate Crimes*
- Words Matter as Asian American Leaders Urge Action Against Hate Crimes
- Prejudice against Asian Americans in the Covid-19 Pandemic: The Effects of Social Media Use in the US
Advocacy support, professional organizations and self-care
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice
- Asian American Pacific Islander Nurses Association
- American Pacific Islander American Public Affairs
- Confronting Racism and Supporting Asian American Communities in the wake of COVID-19
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Resources to Stand against racism
- Self care tips for Asian Americans dealing with racism amidst coronavirus
- Stop AAPI Hate, incident report site
- Bystander Intervention