Finacial Aid, Scholarships, and Awards
Financial Aid for BSN Students
Please refer to the BSN Program Handbook for financial aid information.
Additional Information for external Scholarship and Financial Aid:
Scholarships and Awards
The school of nursing has a variety of scholarships and awards for students. Some are rewards for academic or clinical performance while others are primarily need-based. These awards are described in detail below.
- Whitehead Scholarships: A lump-sum scholarship fund for nursing students is given to the school of nursing by the Whitehead Foundation on an annual basis. They are need-based scholarships for Christian females from southern states. To be considered, please complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). The financial aid office determines need eligibility and awards are made by the School of Nursing. All eligible students are considered. Awards are made to students at the junior and senior levels. The amount of individual awards is based on the total donation from the Whitehead Foundation and the number of eligible students. Students on academic suspension, probation, or warning are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Henley Scholarship
- McHone Scholarship
Scholarships and Awards That are Honors/Awards
All applications or nominations are March 1.
- Diane Babral Memorial Scholarship
- Merck Scholar Award: The Merck Award, given by the Merck Company, goes to the senior student with the highest cumulative GPA.
- The Nursing Honor Society Marcia Dake Scholarship
- Mary R. Waples Scholarship
- Victoria F. Alcantara '10 Memorial Scholarship in Nursing
- Victoria Alcantara Outstanding Nursing Student Award
- Rockingham Memorial Hospital Marcia A. Dake Award for Clinical Excellence
- Outstanding Senior Peer Award
- ROTC Scholarships