Financial Aid Information for DNP Students
The first step in receiving financial aid is to apply by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), available at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov
The JMU School Code for FAFSA is 003721.
Financial aid funds (scholarships and loans) are matched with student eligibility and need. Students are notified of award by letter.
The Following Financial Aid is Available:
- The U.S. Public Health Service National Health Service Corps, a scholarship program with clinical work pay-back upon graduation. If interested, go to http://nhsc.hrsa.gov/
- Stafford Loans
- U.S. Traineeship Funding – These grants provide money to cover tuition for full time students in the Master of Science Nursing program
- Graduate Assistantship opportunities are available to full-time Master students (if selected, pays 9-credits of in-state and out-of-state portion of tuition and fees; post-master and part-time students are not eligible for Graduate Assistantships).
- Assistantship offers full tuition and fees and a stipend for working 18 hours weekly with faculty as teaching/graduate assistant.
To apply for an assistantship:
- Go to https://joblink.jmu.edu/
- Click on "search job openings"
- Select "graduate assistantship" from the position type dropdown menu
- Click on "search"
- Select the position you are interested in then complete and submit the application
Additional information about Financial Assistance is available on The Graduate School's Financial Aid website: https://www.jmu.edu/grad/current-students/assistantships/assist_info.shtml
Other Helpful Links
- JMU Financial Aid Office
- AACN Financial Aid Resources for Nursing Students
- AACN Scholarships for Nursing Students
- Nurses Educational Funds, Inc
- Online Resources for Funding Your Nursing Education