Mission, Vision & Values
The JMU School of Nursing (SON) commits to engage with communities, locally and globally, through inclusive, dynamic, and innovative nursing education, practice, and scholarship to create health equity.
To be a School of Nursing nationally recognized for academic excellence and innovative contributions to health care.
We are committed to…
- Integrity: being honest, sincere and just in all of our endeavors
- Caring: sharing compassion, kindness and authenticity with those we encounter
- Excellence: pursuing the highest quality in teaching, learning, scholarship and service
- Collaboration: cultivating partnerships built on respect, trust and commitment
- Advocacy: providing a voice for those we serve and promoting policies that improve healthcare for all
- Inclusivity: honoring the richness that diverse perspectives bring to our world
- Resilience: achieving inner strength and wisdom by adapting to life's challenges